Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Doing a Google Reverse Image Search

In early November, I had the honor to represent West at the Midwest Google Conference at the Dells.



It was two days of "intense" geekiness (is that a word?)...........

But it did me teach me two things........

(1) Technology is JUST A TOOL in the classroom......

(2) Technology can improve my instruction by creating some really engaging lessons.

I also think I can be a lot more efficient at my job and teach a few good "21st Century" technology skills to my students along the way......

To try and share some of the fun "tricks" I learned in the Dells, I will use this blog as a source for you to hopefully find something new, fun and useful for your classroom.......

My first trick, I also shared at our November Faculty Meeting......

It involved doing a "Reverse Image Search" in Google.    Doing this will allow you to take an image and search it, instead of entering text to find an image.......

The best thing about this is it is a REALLY EASY, "LOW TECH", skill!

Here are your steps....
     - Start by going to the Google search page (www.google.com)
     - Click on "images" (on the black bar that runs across the top of the page)
     - Take the image you want to search and simply drag it into the search bar.  As you are doing this, you should see something like this......


     - Voila!   You have a Google search based on the image you put in the search bar!

If you have any questions, feel free to track me down in F102!

1 comment:

  1. Mark, this looks great! Thanks for continuing to be a great resource for all staff in our building!

    ReplyDelete